JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Mallaig Harbour Authority is seeking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer following the retirement of its present CEO. Reporting to the Board of Directors, this is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and ambitious leader who will join us as we embark on a major harbour redevelopment.
The chief executive officer will have responsibility for providing strategic leadership for the Authority by working with the Board of Directors and staff to establish long-range goals, strategies, plus implementation of the recently published Mallaig Harbour Authority Masterplan.
- Provide effective leadership demonstrating the core values of the Authority at all times
- Provide leadership and direction with regard to the Authority’s strategy and its implementation
- Ensure that all systems and processes are effectively implemented and utilised to provide accurate management information
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all Government and Trust Port legislative requirements
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders, port users and customers and liaise with them to influence the future ways of working with the harbour authority, endeavouring to enhance the customer experience.
- Previous experience operating at a senior management level
- Proven record of leading operational teams and engendering a culture of continuous improvement through the use of excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to lead by example and coach others to improve performance
- Educated to degree level or equivalent demonstrable work experience
- Previous experience in developing, planning and implementing successful business strategies
- Knowledge of maritime commercial activities
- Proven experience of holding financial accountability
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance, finance and budgeting
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills with the ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral that connects with all levels both within and external to the Authority
Salary to be in line and commensurate with ability and experience
Applicants should write, using no more than two sides of A4, explaining how they fit our person specification and enclosing a CV.
Applications should be sent to:
Mr Charles King
Chairman, Mallaig Harbour Authority
Inverness-shire. PH41 4QB
Or emailed to: email@example.com>
To be received no later than Monday 25th March 2019 at 5pm.
Interviews will be held in Mallaig week commencing 15th April 2019.